Terms and Conditions
PROMOTER: Swiss Watch Raffle is a trading name of Az Fine Jewellery Ltd, Company Number 12084752, whose registered office address is Office 4, Second floor, 34-35 Hatton Garden, London EC1N 8DX
In entering the Competition, Entrants will be required to tick on the Website that they have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions, are over the age of 16 and agreed to be bound by them.
- The Competition is operated by the Promoter.
How to Enter
- By submitting an Entry, Entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not so agree, do not submit an Entry.
- To validly enter the Competition Entrants must do all of the following:
- select the Competition you wish to enter, select the number of tickets, answer the skill-based Quiz and choose a charity you would like to support;
- when you are ready to purchase your Ticket(s), provide your contact and payment details. You will need to check your details carefully and tick the declaration at checkout, confirming you have read and understood the Competition Terms and Conditions;
- once your payment has cleared, if you answered the skill-based Quiz correctly, we will email you to confirm your entry into the Competition. Please note that when entering online you will not be deemed entered into the Competition until we confirm your Ticket(s) order back to you by email. You will not be entered into the draw if you get the Quiz wrong, but you will still be charged.
- At the Promoter’s sole discretion, the requirement to pay the Entry Fee may be satisfied by redeeming a voucher code or credit provided to the Entrant under one of its promotional schemes. Entries so credited as paid shall have the same status as Entries paid in cash excepting that they shall not count towards the calculation of the Minimum Number of Entries.
- The Entry Fee must be received by the Promoter in pounds sterling only and if you make payment in a different currency, the amount you pay in that currency may have currency exchange and international transfer charges added.
- The Promoter will store and process the Entrant’s personal information (which must include details of at least one form of contact which will be used for the following purposes:
- to notify any Winner or Runner(s) Up that they that they have won a prize in the Competition;
- to administer the Website and conduct the Competition; and
- after a Draw, to post the Winner and any Runner(s) Up's first name only and town of residence on the Website and in publicity about the Competition.
- All Entrants are solely and completely responsible for providing the Promoters with accurate and current contact details.
- The Promoters will be in no way liable for any failure or inability to make contact with any Entrant due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details provided by the Entrants or otherwise.
- The Promoters will not accept:
- responsibility for Entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause including, for example, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
- any other purported proof of entry to the Competition other than as recorded by the Website’s systems.
- An Entry shall be declared void (without any refund being given) if the Entrant engages in: (a) any form of fraud (actual or apparent); (b) fraudulent misrepresentation; (c) fraudulent concealment; (d) hacking or interference with the proper functioning of the Website; or (e) amending, or unauthorised use of, any of the code that constitutes the Website.
- Each individual Entrant may submit up to 125 (one hundred and twenty five) valid Entries, but the Entry Fee must be paid and the Challenge completed on each purchase (rather than for each individual ticket).
- Only valid Entries will be entitled to participate in the Competition and only Correct Entries will proceed to Draw phase and be eligible to win any prize in the Competition.
- All Entries will become the property of the Promoters on receipt and will not be returned.
- All Entries to the Competition are final and no refunds shall be made at any time or for any reason, except in the case of Entries submitted after the Closing Date for which payment has been taken.
- If you wish to enter the competition for free then please send a clear postcard in the post. The address is: Unit 4, Second Floor, 34-35 Hatton Garden London EC1N 8DX. All free entries must be received before the close of the competition. One entry per postcard per person per competition. All free postal entries are processed exactly the same as paid entries via the website. You must add your address and telephone number in order for your entries to be processed.
- Free Entries cannot be made on behalf of other people. If it comes to our attention that 1 person has entered under multiple names/addresses then all entries from this person will be void, this applies to free entries via post only. When the maximum Number of entries or the Closing Date is reached, the Competition will close.
- All postal entries must be sent on an unenclosed postcard stating: Full Name, Email Address, Phone Number, Full Address, Competition, Answer To Competition and agreement to our T&C’s. All details needs to be either typed or very clearly written, we cannot enter you into the competition if we cannot read your writing on your entry. If we receive 1 postcard in the post containing multiple entries this will not comply with the above terms and conditions.
- The Competition is open for entry only to private individuals (i.e., not companies or businesses) aged 16 or over, excluding:
- the Promoter, their immediate family, agents, employees or professional advisers; or
- anyone else connected with the development or operation of the Website or the conduct or administration of the Competition in any way, shape or form; or
- the members of the immediate families or households of the above.
- In entering the Competition, all Entrants confirm that they are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize awarded in this Competition. The Promoters may require any Entrant (including any winner or Runner(s) Up to provide evidence that they are eligible to enter the Competition.
- The Promoter will not accept Entries that are:
- automatically generated by computer;
- illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
- or incomplete
- The Promoters reserve all rights to disqualify Entrants if their conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the Competition.
- Entries on behalf of another person can be accepted and joint submissions are allowed.
- In completing or answering the Challenge, the Entrant recognises that they will be required to exercise skill and judgment to ensure they have submitted a Correct Entry.
- The Promoter reserves the right at any time during the Competition and with immediate effect to amend the Challenge, whether the nature of the questions(s) to ensure it remains a test of skill and judgment skill. Any such changes shall not affect the validity of or qualification as a Correct Entry of any Entries received prior to the time of such change.
- By entering the Competition, all Entrants warrant that all information which they submit is accurate, true, current and complete. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant (entirely at their own discretion) if there are reasonable grounds to believe the Entrant has acted in breach of any of these Terms and Conditions.
The Prize and the Draw
- The Winner and any Runner(s) Up will be determined and awarded the prizes so specified on the Website and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- The Draw to determine the Winner and any Runner(s) Up We will take place within 48 hours after all tickets are sold. (Subject always to the extension of the Closing Date under term 26.)
- The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, and at any time during the Competition up to the end of the Closing Date, extend time to a new Closing Date. Also, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, and at any time during the Competition bring forward the Closing Date to a new Closing Date, to be before and no later than the specified Closing Date.
- If any Winner or Runner(s) Up cannot be contacted by the Promoter within 14 days of being notified of their status as the Winner by e-mail and/or, telephone to the contact details submitted in their Entry, the Promoter shall be entitled to award their prize to the Entrant next Drawn, with the effect that the first Runner Up (as applicable) would become the Winner, and so on. Any alternate Winner or Runner Up shall likewise comply with the above 14-day contact requirement.
- The Promoter shall take all reasonable steps to ensure and preserve the random nature of the Draw but shall not be required to comply with any particular regulatory or other standards in this respect. The conduct of the Draw shall be verified by a person, people, agent, software or company who are independent of the Promoter and any Entrant and the Promoter shall, where practically feasible broadcast live streaming video of the Draw on a widely available social media platform and later on the Website. The result(s) of the Draw are final and the Promoter shall not enter into any correspondence in relation to the same.
- The Promoter shall publish the details of the Charity Donation made on the Website. The Promoter’s calculations of the Charity Donation apportionment are final and no correspondence shall be entered into in relation to it. At the end of each competition the winners chosen charity will receive a donation from our profit.
- The Winner and any Runner(s) Up will be required to forward a copy of their passport or driving licence together with two utility bills or bank statements (or a combination of the two) dated within the previous three months to the Promoters to prove their identity and that their Entry was made using a valid debit/credit card belonging to the Entrant or used with the express authorisation of the card holder and that there is no lawful impediment (pursuant to any applicable UK or international law) to Winner or any Runner(s) Up being awarded any prize in the Competition. In the event that Promoter reasonably believes that there may be a lawful impediment to awarding a prize to a Winner or any Runner(s) Up, the Promoter may suspend making such award until the legal issue is resolved, or if, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter such issue cannot be resolved, to award that prize in a like manner as set out in term 27 above.
- The Promoter can store the chosen prize free of charge for 30 days after notifying the First Prize Winner, at the end of which time the First Prize will be delivered to the Winner.
- We will deliver your prize anywhere in the world, free of charge. Any applicable UK VAT is already paid by us. However, there may be further duties in certain countries which we do not pay. In this situation, the winner will be liable for these costs. It is a matter for the winner to decide, but in some cases it might be better to take the cash alternative, if the duties become too high.
- The Winner and any Runner(s) Up shall be announced and publicised on the Website and via email marketing campaigns, as well as on Swiss Watch Raffle’s associated social media pages/sites, such as Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Any Winner and Runner(s) Up shall co-operate with and participate in the Promoter’s reasonable publicity requests.
Limitation of Liability
- The liability of the Promoter to each Entrant is limited to the aggregate value of the Entry Fees paid by that Entrant.
- The Promoters accept no liability for errors or omissions contained within the description of the prize or the Prize Value or for any other description or specification or any other part of the Website. It is the responsibility of each Entrant (and in particular the Winner) to satisfy him/herself as to the accuracy of any such details and/or any content of the Website.
- Each Entrant agrees that the usual requirement under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 for any goods and services ordered online to be supplied within 30 days will not apply to the Competition.
- The Promoters reserve the right to suspend or cancel the Competition at any time either before or after Entries have been received. If the Competition is cancelled, the Promoter will return the Entry Fees to each Entrant by bank card refund or by cheque (at the Promoter’s sole discretion). Any refund of the Entry Fee may be subject to deduction of any irrecoverable service charge fees, which are 80p per ticket. Where the Entry Fee is returned, the Promoter shall have no further liability to the Entrant or to any other person.
- Without prejudice to the operation of term 37 above, the Promoters will have the right to cancel the Competition at any time in the event that the Challenge is not effective in excluding a significant proportion of the Entrants from entry into the Draw phase of the Competition.
- Without prejudice to the operation of term 37 above, the Promoters reserve the right to cancel the Competition in the event that an order is made or a resolution is passed for the winding up of the Promoter, or an order is made for the appointment of an administrator to manage the affairs of the Promoter, or circumstances arise which entitle a court or creditor to appoint a receiver or manager or which entitle a court to make a winding up order, or the Promoter takes or suffers any analogous action in consequence of debt or an application to court for protection from its creditors is made by the Promoter.
- The Promoters reserve the right to make reasonable amendments to these Terms and Conditions at any time, with immediate effect upon publishing such amendments on the Website. Any such amendments shall not prejudice any Entries received prior to the time of such changes.
- These Terms and Conditions shall not create or be construed as creating any form of contract, joint venture or other agreement between any Entrant and the Promoters.
- The Competition, its administration and all associated activities shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- Each Entrant should retain a copy of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of their Entry for their future reference.